Some of my feature film screenplays are featured below. If you’d then like to read one, please contact my literary agent, who will email it to you without prejudice.
All scripts are registered with WGA, West.
- Dark Ground Supernatural/Horror. A writer of mystery thrillers finds herself in the midst of a real-life murderous conundrum with herself as one of the intended victims of a supernatural foe that draws her and her family ever deeper into an intensifying life-exterminating terror that defies all reason.
- Darling Heart Drama. An elderly Englishman diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in a London care home has vividly detailed dreams of his sister from whom he was parted in childhood when she became the world-famous child star ‘Darling Heart’ in Hollywood’s silent era. Can the mystery of her disappearance when she visited him in Africa in young adulthood in the 1930s finally be solved before his memory goes forever?
(Coincidentally, the writer recently met in a London care home an elderly American lady who, as a child, was Shirley Temple’s screen double.)
- Visions of Eternity WW2 Drama. Starts in summer 1939 in Warsaw, Poland, where affable Horst Bauer owns a dyeworks. A German, Horst has long since made Poland his home, the future looks bright and he’s engaged to beautiful Jewish cabaret singer Elzbieta. What follows in war-torn Warsaw is harrowing and deeply moving as the friends meet again under vastly different circumstances. Horst’s abiding love for Elzbieta is tested to the full as German troops close in around them, and the meaning of Jerzy’s previously puzzling visions of the future now becomes clear.
- Blood on the Dew Love Story/African-American Drama. A story about inappropriate love and its dire consequences. The brief affair between a teenage religious African American girl and a married white doctor in 1960s Alabama during the time of segregation makes a heroine of the girl as she is thrown on her own resources, with all the odds against her. The story’s resolution brings light where there was darkness and hope where there was only despair, with an upbeat, positive ending in the present day.
- The Dance of the Mantis Family Drama/Adventure. A young English girl skater, seemingly incurably injured on the ice, becomes fascinated on a visit to Namibia, south west Africa, during the last summer she can get around unaided, by stories of a ‘Medicine Dance’ the original occupants of that land, the Bushmen, once performed and the miraculous cures legend says the dance achieved, leading to a desperate last-minute journey into a desert wilderness based on nothing but hope and belief with a boy who wants to help her, finding love along the way as well as a magical denouement and a marvellous new beginning.
- Oscar et Sarah (Short, 15 min.) When a teenaged girl and her father visit the Paris cemetery where Oscar Wilde and Sarah Bernhardt are buried, the daughter makes a symbolic reconciliation between the famous duo, paralleling what she plans to do with her dad and estranged mother in the present day.
For more details or media enquiries please contact my PUBLICITY AGENT
Read EXTRACTS from Robin Squire’s books
Full member of WGGB: Writers’ Guild of Great Britain and Society of Authors